As many of you know, I have a store on Etsy and from time to time I flip furniture. Sometimes through my Etsy store, Sew Fantastic Crafts, and other times through Facebook pages and Craigslist locally.
It is often through these Facebook pages and Craigslist that I come across finds, which on occasion I snatch up to flip. Well, a few weeks ago, a post through one of the local vintage stores caught my attention. I saw this dresser being advertised, it was Mid-Century and looked similar to a piece given to me by a former roommate. Continue reading
Last week I contacted my former editor and asked to see if he had any freelance work for me. Fortunately for me, he is need of stories. So, tomorrow I’ll be back out in the Anderson community covering a few different events, then I’ll be on the look out for more timeless features. Those come in handy so many times for freelance writers, just having contacts that can give you those kinds of stories are invaluable.
In addition to freelancing for the newspaper I used to work at, I’ve been sewing up a storm. A few years back. I created an online store on Etsy, but I never had the time to craft and fill it to sell things. Being unemployed has given me plenty of time to not only write, but to also catch up on projects and sew. Continue reading
So, I originally cut all the baseboards to size, but hadn’t gotten around to staining it or putting it up around my laundry room. However, the recent much needed rain storm currently making its way through northern California put a damper on my plans this weekend, which freed me up to catch up on household chores and of course, finally stain the baseboard for my laundry room
I used my miter box and saw to cut the baseboard down to size, before taking the pieces out to my covered patio to stain. I like water-based stains, like Minwax Color Express because they don’t have an odor for days after you finish staining the project and move it inside, and they dry quick. I used mahogany and a sponge craft brush to apply the stain.
Once it was applied, I waited about 30 minutes for it to dry and then brought them inside and used finished nails to attach them to the wall. The whole project took about 3 hours from start to finish, and looks amazing. After I add the finishing touches, like a new light, I’ll post picture of the finished laundry room.