Over the course of the past week my laundry room has slowly started to take shape, and I’m so excited!

I finally finished painting all the walls – that took about 4 days. Mostly because I decided to take a few breaks, but also because I had to do a lot of prep work to the walls before I could actually paint. Like repair the plaster after taking off previous baseboard, and then caulking around the floor and baseboard along the wall the window sits on. After discovering the type of nails used to attach it, I decided to take down only what was necessary for my project, which was most of it, but not the wall with the window. Why? Because once everything goes in, no one will notice it.

I didn’t realize how dark flat paint makes a room, even one painted a light neutral color, until I finished painting my laundry room in semi-gloss paint. And while the color is “Pretty Orchid”, which is like a pinky purple color, the laundry room is noticeably brighter! You can’t really tell in the photos, but trust me, the room is cheerful and bright!

After I got the floor, windows and baseboard sealed with new caulking, and finished painting the room, I added the new. slimmer baseboard, which I have pictures of. Then I put the washer and dryer back in their respective locations.

Today was the Super Bowl, but that didn’t stop me from measuring and cutting out the rest of the baseboard that I will stain mahogany tomorrow, and then attach. After the very one sided football game, I came home and attached “L” brackets to the desk, so I can also place that in the laundry room tomorrow too.

I was really expecting this makeover to take longer, but I feel like I’ll have it compete by the end of February.

I’ve included photos of the paint transformation. Tomorrow I’ll write a post about staining and attaching the baseboards, as well as how I fixed the desk.

photo 5 photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 photo 4 photo 5 photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 photo 4 photo(4)